Havobator is FIXED!! Which should I use as a bator??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by isadream, Jun 19, 2010.

1. isadream

isadream Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Huntsville, Alabama
    My chicken enabling hubby has fixed my Havobator. I have one that is several years old that I lent to a friend and she had put it out in her storage building. The rats had eaten up the cord on it and last nite hubby fixed it and put on a new cord!

It is at least 10 years old and I am running it right now and it is holding at 99.5 really good. I have been using a LG to hatch with and now I have the Havobator up and running. So which one does everyone think I should use as a bator and which one as my hatcher???

I was thinkin the Havobator as the incubator and the LG as the hatcher--Havent decided totally yet.

I am sooo excited I am thinkin of when I get the temps in it set stealing some of my broodies eggs! HAHA Shes gonna love me!

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I vote for the Hovabator to incubate and the LG to do the hatching. That's the way I do it. The LG has just been too unstable over a 21 day period. Drives me crazy. It can handle 3 days though. The Hovabator is the Ron Popeil of incubators. Set it and forget it.. [​IMG]

3. novaman

novaman Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    I had the same debate my last batch. I opted to use the 1588 for both incubating and hatching as I don't trust the LG anymore.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by