Hawk attack

I'm sorry a hawk got one of your chickens. It's terrible when that happens. I live in the woods and apparently all birds of prey got the memo that I have chickens 😒
Yup. Same with me. I'm pretty sure the hawk has a nest across the street. 😫😬 It keeps on coming back, and now my ducks are afraid to go swimming in their baths. All they do is hide in the run. :oops:😞

Hi everyone! Just a heads up for hawks. Either a Coopers hawk or a red-shouldered hawk just killed our Black Copper Maran hen and is on the lookout for more. He tried to get one of our ducks yesterday, so I thought everyone should be warned because they lurk out there. I hope you're chickens stay safe! And feel free to post any other preditor that you have encountered. Here is what these hawks look like.View attachment 2950674View attachment 2950675
I'm sorry you're BCM was eaten. It's sad.

Sorry, @Shadrach , maybe in Spain or the UK, but definitely not here! All raptors are federeally protected, so attacking one in any way is just out.
We have had more close- up hawk visitations this fall and winter than ever before, and our birds have been in most of the time since mid-November as a result. Our most frequent visitors have been Cooper's and Sharp Shinned hawks, beautiful to watch, but not when our chickens are involved!
Mary

Hawks are
So sorry. We had a small hawk pin one of my speckles on the ground. I heard the commotion and was able to get the hawk to release her. Luckily she is ok. Sadly the hawk not so much.
Hawks will only eat your chickens if you don't protect them. Netting is good to keep them safe inside their runs.If you're new to keeping chickens you'll find everything eats chickens.Its easier to protect them than kill all the predators.

Hi everyone! Just a heads up for hawks. Either a Coopers hawk or a red-shouldered hawk just killed our Black Copper Maran hen and is on the lookout for more. He tried to get one of our ducks yesterday, so I thought everyone should be warned because they lurk out there. I hope you're chickens stay safe! And feel free to post any other preditor that you have encountered. Here is what these hawks look like.View attachment 2950674View attachment 2950675
So sorry about your hen!! I have a dog that keeps hawks away from my chickens

Hawks are

Hawks will only eat your chickens if you don't protect them. Netting is good to keep them safe inside their runs.If you're new to keeping chickens you'll find everything eats chickens.Its easier to protect them than kill all the predators.
Totally agree. I am usually out there. They have a very secure run and coop but I like to let them roam in the yard some each day. I was gone and just returning. The hubs had let them out and he went inside. They are NEVER out alone again. Trust me on that!

Totally agree. I am usually out there. They have a very secure run and coop but I like to let them roam in the yard some each day. I was gone and just returning. The hubs had let them out and he went inside. They are NEVER out alone again. Trust me on that!
Because Owls or Hawks can't be killed or trapped chickens are more vulnerable from aerial predators. I'm hoping to finish the chicken tunnels I started making last year.They'll wrap around my whole yard .

Back
Top Bottom