Hawk attacked my guinea!

Do they have an area they can run and hide under?

There are tons of trees but since the leaves are gone they're pretty well exposed. They have a 50x50 ft area to run in. 2 guineas and 6 chickens. They have a coop and I've got tables and chairs etc that they can run under but I guess i may fashion a lean to against the fence.

Thanks for the prayers! I think it was a pretty young hawk because it didn't fly off with her and she's only 14 weeks old. I heard thelma and ran to the window. I think that's what scared it off maybe. This plastic owl isn't cutting it anymore. I'll be investing in some pie tins :-/
In my experience pie tins wort keep hawks away unless you can melt the pit tins down into bullets. The only thing that will work other than a physical barrier to keep hawk an guinea separate, is to force the hawks to either fear or respect you and your poultry. Sorry.

Any thing that a hawk can use to pen or herd poultry into or against, like a fence, or coop is just working for the hawk.

Last edited:
Hi we have a lot of Hawkes and magpies here in rural New Zealand and basically they get a lot of our ducks and chicken babies when not home when we are the dogs barking at them seem to work but we pen them when we can or just make sure they can hide and run through under things

In my experience pie tins wort keep hawks away unless you can melt the pit tins down into bullets.  The only thing that will work other than a physical barrier to keep hawk an guinea separate, is to force the hawks to either fear or respect you and your poultry.  Sorry.

Any thing that a hawk can use to pen or herd poultry into or against, like a fence, or coop is just working for the hawk.

I checked with local law enforcement and it's still quite illegal to shoot them. I also love in the city so it wouldn't go unnoticed lol

I checked with local law enforcement and it's still quite illegal to shoot them. I also love in the city so it wouldn't go unnoticed lol
Yea, but i can still dream, can't I?
hmm.png

You may want to proof read your last sentence.

Last edited:
UPDATE: Sweet little Thelma is doing great!! She's a little clumsy but she's walking eating and drinking perfectly fine. Thanks y'all :D no sight of the hawk since.

Back
Top Bottom