Hawk Has Been Eating Well

We had a hawk get a couple in our large open pen about 8-9 months ago my wife made a scarecrow it seemed to work but not sure because at the same time we put a goose out there with the girls and have yet to see a hawk again or a doa hen when I get home from work.

I used 6 of these to cover an area about 100x300, roughly the size of a football field. We just pulled them over/around the trees. There were a few gaps but I haven't lost any more birds to hawks and owls since.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/50X50-Anti...ame-Pen-Plant-Protective-2-Mesh-/163315954000
You could get by with just a few that gives the birds a place to hide from the Hawks.
Works great too for keeping chickens out of the garden and other places.

Positive ID on predator on perp needed. A Buteo sp. like a Red-tailed Hawk going under a structure repeatedly does not smell right. Can you leave next carcass in place and setup a game camera to see who is coming to clean up carcass.

Leaving carcass in place will have predator coming but not after live birds for a few days. Additionally, as you make changes to you exclosure, you can figure out what actual stops perp from coming in.

Have you tried the bird repelent balloon?
download (2).jpeg

Or thought about bird netting, this is what i have to cover my enclosure if i have to confine mine.
I had to put some support poles in to hold it up every so far. But it works.
1-main-48mm-netting_1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom