Hawk is stalking my chickens!

supermom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
I have a hawk problem. Personally, I like hawks, but I don't want to have my chickens eaten! Yesterday I looked out the window and the darn hawk was PERCHED on a branch 3 feet from my chicken run! I have had the hawk swoop down 3 times in the past week and a half when the chickens are out in the yard. I have now limited the chicken's outdoor time to one hour before dusk and I always keep my dog (lab) in the yard with them. I am trying to walk outside while the chickens are out.
Does anyone have any more suggestions?
he.gif

paint ball gun.if after shooting it a few times he dont get the message,, find a trapper, or shoot it.
and i like hawks too ,, but have more money in my chickens,, and YES it is illegal to even scare a hawk away,,,BUT.......

Practice the 3 S's.
Endangered species or not...around here they are free for target practice if they come after my flock. Good luck... I just had one swoop down on mine the other day, I was hanging clothes on the line at the time, lucky for the hawk the 22 was in the house or he would have met his ancestors that day.

Back
Top Bottom