Hawk won't move on

HI! Thank you for asking. That brave juvenile hawk that was harassing my birds hasn't been around lately, thank the Lord! I still see hawks overhead and hear them all the time but hopefully the chronic harrasser wised up or moved on 🥳 I did see a hawk chasing one of the wild Mallard Drakes that hangs out here (wasn't successful) and then I noticed one of the wild goslings missing 😭 That's been a couple of weeks ago and I haven't noticed anything since. I'm not sure the hawk got a gosling either because they go across the road before sunset every evening and walk back across the road back here the next morning. So I'm not sure what happened and it's been weeks. Again I appreciate you asking and your kind words when I started this thread ❤️
If that juvenile only knew how to hunt easy-to-catch chickens, it may have ended up starving to death after all. Either that or got run out of the area by a more dominant hawk. I know Redtail hawks are very territorial, not sure about other hawk species. If it had established its territory over your place and become a seasoned chicken/duck/goose hunter, that would have meant continuing issues re the safety of your chickens and ducks. All the wild waterfowl that live practically in your backyard combined with the ongoing spread of AI are surely stressful enough. Im glad to know the problem hawk is no longer part of the stress.🙂

HI! Thank you for asking. That brave juvenile hawk that was harassing my birds hasn't been around lately, thank the Lord! I still see hawks overhead and hear them all the time but hopefully the chronic harrasser wised up or moved on 🥳 I did see a hawk chasing one of the wild Mallard Drakes that hangs out here (wasn't successful) and then I noticed one of the wild goslings missing 😭 That's been a couple of weeks ago and I haven't noticed anything since. I'm not sure the hawk got a gosling either because they go across the road before sunset every evening and walk back across the road back here the next morning. So I'm not sure what happened and it's been weeks. Again I appreciate you asking and your kind words when I started this thread ❤️
Yay! I'm happy about this update.

Back
Top Bottom