Hawkeye vs Suede-Who Won?? Oops, Accidental Meeting! LONG

Oh Cyn!!... I know how your heart was racing!!!...I went thru this with my Blue Orp and the Light Brahma roosters twice!!!... What a bloody mess I had.... Didn't know if I had enough antibotic cream for both of them or not!..lol... My orp didn't win thats for sure.....I have to take turns letting breeds out ....

Hey Cyn,
If things get to rough around there for Suede with Hawkeye, he can always come live with my gals here. Big Bertha and Ms. Gabby would love to have him around to keep them company.

Thanks for the offer, Rog, but can you imagine the shipping on that big boy? Whew.
Sandy, I always take turns letting them range for just this reason, but today, Suede somehow just let himself into Hawkeye's side of the coop. The latch is very tight now-no way that can happen again like it did today.

Last edited:
These two pace up and down the runs that connect to the henhouse trying out whip each other, good thing its hardware cloth or I would be in big trouble.....my young black orp just watches thank goodness, he and the big blue are still on good speaking terms for awhile...til the extra breeding pen is built this summer......

I just came in from putting some antibiotic ointment on Suede's battle wounds. He looks pretty beat up, but nothing seems serious. Hawkeye, on the other hand, looks just like he did pre-fight except for a minor cut on the back of one leg. Amazing.

Cool story but i kinda feel bad for Suede. I always enjoy hearing about Hawkeye and his antics though.
tongue.png

Oh boy... Spring must be making those guys crazy. Hawkeye is tired of Suede getting the attention!
I'm glad you were home to break it up. I would have been heartbroken if anything happened.

Sounds like what happened the one time that my big RIR flew over the 6 ft fence to get at my BR roo.

My RIR outweighs my BR by 2 pounds, and the RIR is 5 inches taller but my BR beat the snot out of the RIR before I got them broken up.

BR's are very fierce when it comes to protecting their girls.

Wow, BRs must be pretty tough for usually mild mannered boys, huh? You're right, Karen, I am very careful about the boys not being able to get to each other. Just the other day, I said to my DH that it wouldn't be pretty if they managed to meet without that fence in between. I also said that my money would be on Hawkeye, who has a year of age on Suede, more girls to protect and experience in fighting for his safety with a much larger bird. I do shudder to think what I would have come home to if this happened just an hour earlier when we were in town picking up prescriptions and hatching eggs! Scary. I could have come home to a seriously injured or even dead rooster. I worry about big ol' Suede having a heart attack after what happened to one of our mods, I think it was. Two roosters were going at it through a fence then a little while later, one just keeled over dead! Was that you, Carla?

Back
Top Bottom