Hawks

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
I was out last nite & DH was in charge of tucking in the birds. This morning I went up to the barn & noticed a hawk was in the covered run ..somehow it found a way in.
I grabbed the net to catch it & it was too late, it found a way out- Then i spotted my royal purple guinea, with its neck chewed up..dead..i only had 1 pair of those, it took me years to get royal purple..no-one ever has them..what a shame..the poor thing.

Aparantly DH didnt notice there was a hawk in the run when he locked up the barn, it must have been stuck in there all night..if i get my hands on it..bye-bye

Your birds must have been horrified
ep.gif
, I'm surprised you didnt hear a commotion, your poor babies!!

That stinks. We have had a couple of hawk attacks. It got our peacock and our barred cochin pullet. The attacks were 6 months apart.
sad.png
Sorry for your loss. Hawks S*$#!!
Where about in MA are you?? I am in Douglas.
big_smile.png

Wow...sorry about your guinea! Besides the emotions of losing her/him, that's a lot of time and effort down the drain. I guess that's a good lesson to all of us to make it a habit to do a quick inspection before lockdown. So when he escaped, you found the entry point????

Sorry for your loss. I just saw a pair or Royal Purples at an auction this weekend, gorgeous birds. I plan on ordering some from Meyer Hatchery here in Ohio. Try giving them a call, perhaps they still have a few, if not maybe you can place an order in the spring like me. Good Luck.

So when he escaped, you found the entry point????

I did find a part where the mesh had come apart from the zip ties ..must be from all the wind we've had , i ziped it back up for now.

Dh said he knew the guinea was missing when he put them to bed, but apartantly he didnt think to look in the run ..it is dark though, so it wouldnt have been ez to see.

Its impossible to hear any rukus going up , the barn is a good ways from the house & the windows are closed. The dogs havent been wanting to spend as much time outdoors since the colder weather is here. When the dogs laze around the vicinity, theres no problems with nasty critters. I wish i could make a tunnel from the house to the barn lol ..then the dogs could come and go back & forth all day & night.​

Back
Top Bottom