Hay everyone

Leslie T

Chirping
Jul 17, 2019
We have had chickens for about 6 years now. These have been Hens for egg laying that we have gotten here and there on Craigslist. We have had Barred Plymouth Rock, Black Australorp, Wyandottes, Americana and few others or mixes. This year I got some chickens to raise for meat and it has been an experience. I had ordered 38 from a local hatchery but ended up with 52! Got just a few Turkens mostly I got White plymouth Rock and Black astralorps... mostly cockerels since most of them were for meat. ... I thought the boys would crow at 16 or more weeks... wrong! Some were crowing at 9 weeks and not most are crowing and they are 12 weeks. Well I am learning anyway.

It's nice to be here, I should have mentioned. I am planning on having 1 rooster and some girls, hoping they will raise some eggs from time to time for meat. I have some Hens and 2 Cockerels (Speckled Sussex) coming late in August. I am planning on building a Rooster night box so The early morning crowing wont bother the neighbors. I just love one of Turken Roosters and I might try to keep him too.

It's nice to be here, I should have mentioned. I am planning on having 1 rooster and some girls, hoping they will raise some eggs from time to time for meat. I have some Hens and 2 Cockerels (Speckled Sussex) coming late in August. I am planning on building a Rooster night box so The early morning crowing wont bother the neighbors. I just love one of Turken Roosters and I might try to keep him too.
Good luck with the night box :fl

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link to take a look at - “How to...” guides. You may wish to consider including your location under your avatar (using the guide in the link above). You can use this link to contact members in your area - U.S. States

Best wishes

Pork Pie
thanks!

Back
Top Bottom