I know I have seen this somewhere before, but I can't seem to find the answer. In upstate NY, we received 2 inches of rain overnight and my normally well draining yard is pretty full of puddles or just cold and spongy, so the coop and run have some wet/damp spots and I noticed the girls don't like to step in the cold wet dirt anymore than I like havng wet socks on. So I wanted to throw in some hay/straw to give them a little dryer ground to work with until things dry up. Now I'm pretty sure Hay is what I want because it is edible and creates a good microcosm of bugs as it breaks down, is this correct? If I remember right, straw just gets moldy as it breaks down and can generate toxins, is that correct? Can someone shed a little light for me, because I may have the whole issue backwards. Thanks.