He did NOT really just say that?! Oh yes he did.

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
So Dh works 12 hour shifts. He has been working 6 days a week for a while now and just recently got a few days off. During his few days off he helped neighbors get ready for the storm and more...

So today an elderly neighbor lady called him and said her basement was getting water in it. DH was AT WORK.

So he calls his brother who is sitting AT HOME across the street from said lady and asks him, not to fix the problem but just to go over and see exactly what the issue was. She didn't even know if she had a sump pump.

Brother works PART TIME and had two hours before he needed to go in and work his strenuous three hours of work and he said - ready?

He said, "I don't want to go because I have to go to work in a couple hours and I don't want to get my feet wet."
barnie.gif
th.gif

So after working 12 hours and having to get up tomorrow to do it again - DH is over helping this lady out. Seriously.
rant.gif
somad.gif
rant.gif

Dh is a wonderful man
love.gif
and I have no clue where he came from to judge by his family!
hu.gif

*** STP *** the world revolves around service to others.... and it's usually the STP or same ten people who serve. We get a kick out of it in my neck of the woods, that is the other nine and I. But some one has to do it. I do believe that is why we are here.

DH and I strongly believe in service. We believe in community and taking care of those less fortunate, the elderly and children. Those values are our touchstone in the universe.

BIL is just an inert lazy lump. But,
duc.gif
he gets me so angry because he has and he can and he's healthy and young and he won't lift a finger unless his mother forces him to....

Are you married to my husband?! That sounds just like my DH family! He does so much to help others and works so much that sometimes I feel like the only time I see him is when we sleep. It sucks but isn't it amazing to have a great husband who is willing to help others?
love.gif

Yes, it is.
love.gif

He was a big time community volunteer when we met and I know it bothers him that he can only give so much time to those events and his family too.

That BIL has never volunteered to do anything for others, he lives in his parents' basement and works part time at 42! Drives me crazy.....

But, I'll bet you've never heard a better excuse than that! Don't want to get my feet wet!
barnie.gif

I have WHAT in my yard? :

Dh is a wonderful man
love.gif
and I have no clue where he came from to judge by his family!
hu.gif

I tell people all the time if I had met my dh's family before I met him there is NO WAY I would have given him the time of day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It blows my mind how on earth he can be related to them and since he is how on earth is he nothing like them???????​

Quote:
AMEN!! I was saying this very thing this afternoon while talking about something that I will take care of tomorrow probably alone when there is a whole department of people who should be helping me.
roll.png
Drives me nuts.

Thanks for clarifying melodie_a ... I said it better the first time but erased it by mistake
barnie.gif

STP stand for the ...same ten people... Meaning when the call is given for help the same ones usually respond. Because that's what their made of. Doing the work here on Earth that Heavenly Father can't do himself. Some people call them angles
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom