He said YES!!

amyquilt

Serama Mama
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Amarillo, TX
Here's the low down...

A few short weeks ago, we decided to start our flock.

A local friend of mine has some OE Creles she was selling (and I just love the Creles!), so we decided we'd get a trio from her. Already laying, come from show stock, good price. So I told her I'd buy them once we get them a coop built.

Then, she had one of the hens go broody on her, so she offered us the 2 eggs.

Then, I bought a dozen eggs from her, from her "big" girls. These are eating eggs for us. We thought. The day I went to get them, found out she has a roo in with her *girls*. Well, I cannot eat a fertile egg. Just. Can't. Do. It. I figured dh wouldn't care, so no biggie. Didn't have the heart to change my mind once I told her I wanted to buy them.

Well...dh said he can't bring himself to eat a fertile egg, either. SO. I decide I'll try to hatch them. They are mutts, but no biggie.

So off I go to TSC(where hubby works) and get a bator. In the eggs go.

Then, I have a very weak moment and buy a doz BO from Jody on here.

Off to buy another bator!

Well...I'll get too upset if I go into it, but there will be no eggs hatching here out of those 30. I got so upset with all the events that I said no chickens. We don't need them. We're going to be moving in a few months. We don't need them.
sad.png
Gosh, I had no idea I'd be so upset over loosing the hatch.

During the few days we had the eggs in the bator, we got about 75% through the coop for the Creles. I called my friend and told her we just couldn't take them right now.
sad.png

Well, now I'm through mourning. Have been looking at that almost finished coop on the back deck. I *know* that one of the guys that works with dh has Silkie chicks. I *know* Susan still has the Creles I love.

So....

I asked dh this morning if we can go ahead and get them.

He said SURE!!! I think he was a bit let down when I got so upset and "shut down" to the chickens.

So...within a week, we'll have some baby Silkies and my OE Crele trio running around!!!

We're so excited!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif

Quote:
Oh I know that for sure.

I think we will be much happier having live birds to start with instead of hatching eggs. You know, it's that "instant gratification" that will be so great!

Back
Top Bottom