He seems agitated

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I just came in after spending a whole hour outside in the backyard with our male dog because our cockerel wouldn't stop making a bunch of noise. He had the flock crowded in one of the corners of the coop. I figured something spooked him so I walked around the backyard for an hour with Mooshu but didn't hear or see anything. Mooshu didn't either and was calm the whole time.
After checking the flock one more time, I saw that Sergeant Hei Hei was still agitated but I could do nothing more as there wasn't anything out there. I'll go out in an hour once it's light out and check one more time. Since our dog didn't sense anything, I know there's nothing out there.

Besides something spooking him, what else could be causing our cockerel to be agitated??

I agree. your dog won't notice, or care, about a raptor flying overhead. Or about a snake now gone, probably. I'd guess a raptor, or other big flier, myself. My birds alert over cranes and herons too sometimes.
Mary

I agree. your dog won't notice, or care, about a raptor flying overhead. Or about a snake now gone, probably. I'd guess a raptor, or other big flier, myself. My birds alert over cranes and herons too sometimes.
Mary
Our dog nearly caught a hawk once last year, sadly it managed to get away. I was hoping he'd get a meal out of it.
Our dogs are amazing and always alert us to whatever is in the backyard, that's why I know nothing is out there.

And my parents and neighbord told me we didnt have large cats. Next thibg you know, my turkey flock gets wiped out within a week and my mother literally walks up on a bobcat eating one of the toms.

Bobcats Are way larger and harder to hide than snakes. Snakes are extremely hard to just not have, and your state is just fine climate wise for them to live in, even in towns

And my parents and neighbord told me we didnt have large cats. Next thibg you know, my turkey flock gets wiped out within a week and my mother literally walks up on a bobcat eating one of the toms.

Bobcats Are way larger and harder to hide than snakes. Snakes are extremely hard to just not have, and your state is just fine climate wise for them to live in, even in towns
We seriously don't have snakes here.

Back
Top Bottom