he/she

Sorry I have no way of uploading a pic. however since then I have found out for sure he is a roo, I saw him mounting one of the hens. But after more than 7months it still hasn't crowed... Does anyone else have a crowless roo? Let me know, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Sorry I have no way of uploading a pic. however since then I have found out for sure he is a roo, I saw him mounting one of the hens. But after more than 7months it still hasn't crowed... Does anyone else have a crowless roo? Let me know, thanks. :)

I've had a few roos in 50 years of raising chickens that never crowed. In fact, the first breed that I ever had were Light Brahmas, and to my surprise, my Light Brahma rooster never crowed. Of course, he was the only rooster in the flock, so maybe he just didn't think he had any competition for the hens. :eek:) The only way we would be able to sex your bird for certain is either a picture, or if it crows or lays an egg. Trying to identify a chicken's gender without a picture is like shooting in the dark. What kind of chickens do you have?

Thank you all, I believe I definitely have a Roo, though he doesn't crow he sure knows how to mount those 17 hens he's got in his care!! thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom