healthy chicken wont eat

seepehr

Hatching
Nov 22, 2023
i have a 6month old chicken i fed her grass, tomatoes and cooked rice but recently she wont eat them she's picky and she's getting skinny, I can see that she is hungry and wants something tasty but i tried so many foods and she's rejecting them, recently she liked corn but now she doesn't, what should i do? pls help i love her and dont want to lose her

Rice? have you ever heard the rumor of throwing rice at weddings and the birds well...exploding??? Have never tested this "trial" but must be some theory behind it . now they blow bubbles or throw bird seed when the bride and groom depart for their honeymoon. May Be a crazy theory? but I have never provided rice, cooked or uncooked, to my flock. Is her crop swollen/enlarged? Is she having trouble breathing....like "weezing". Unable to catch her breath? Could be a number of things. Post a video if possible..or pictures? Please...

i have a 6month old chicken i fed her grass, tomatoes and cooked rice but recently she wont eat them she's picky and she's getting skinny, I can see that she is hungry and wants something tasty but i tried so many foods and she's rejecting them, recently she liked corn but now she doesn't, what should i do? pls help i love her and dont want to lose her
offer her some meat or fish or insects and report back.

Rice? have you ever heard the rumor of throwing rice at weddings and the birds well...exploding??? Have never tested this "trial" but must be some theory behind it . now they blow bubbles or throw bird seed when the bride and groom depart for their honeymoon. May Be a crazy theory? but I have never provided rice, cooked or uncooked, to my flock. Is her crop swollen/enlarged? Is she having trouble breathing....like "weezing". Unable to catch her breath? Could be a number of things. Post a video if possible..or pictures? Please...
her crop is normal, she has trouble breathing and i dont know why,weezing+unable to catch breath and recently her vent gets dirty but she hasn't started laying. ty for responding im uploading a video of her and ill send it soon, we eat a lot of rice where i live an chickens love cooked rice they will eat so much that you would think they are about to explode :)

I am always careful not to give long grass to chickens. When they eat grass on their own, they snip it off bite by bite, buy long cut grass can cause problems . I did have chickens gat impacted crops from long grass before. However, if her crop is fine, it probably isn't grass. Maybe she has an infection and needs an antibiotic.

her crop is normal, she has trouble breathing and i dont know why,weezing+unable to catch breath and recently her vent gets dirty but she hasn't started laying. ty for responding im uploading a video of her and ill send it soon, we eat a lot of rice where i live an chickens love cooked rice they will eat so much that you would think they are about to explode :)
What is the rest of her diet like? Do you have any others flock members that are ill? How is she doing today? How about that video? Please...

Back
Top Bottom