heartbroken--baby call ducks outside tonight:-(

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
Today was the day I "HAD" to move the 3 babies outside...I bought 2 white call babies at PA chickenstock and when I returned home after a 9 hour trip home (8pm) I stopped to check on eggs I left under broody. The eggs were 5 days overdue so I pipped them all and 1 call baby was internally pipped-so I helped it out as it was so badly stuck-I didnt think it was going to survive its first night-it was so bad looking-It took 4 days of hand feeding and helping it stand for hours to get it to finally eat and drink on its own..now "Muffin" is the love of my life right now-they are all 6 ish weeks old-I had to keep Muffin seperated from the others as its half their size and got picked on-so for the last week Ive been putting them together for long swims and pea diving-all day playing together-well..Muffin running away from them for fear of getting picked on when all they wanted to do was snuggle him:-( They had been living in a tote in kitchen( Muffin) and the other 2 in the tub! I couldnt take the constant 3x a day cleaning everything out and caved today-DH and I made an awesome duck pen with duck coop attached to chicken pen. They were just ok with that today...Muffin peepd for hours for me--broke my heart-as he got very attached to me while in the house and being hand fed and spoiled rotten...well I put them in their coop and locked them up as it started to thunder and pour outside--I could hear them crying as I was running from the downpour! I cant help but run down there to check on them every 1/2 hour-am I making it worse for them by doing that? Im sure they want the comfort of their big tubbie with peas and shredded broccoli-I can do that in their outside pool now thank goodness!!! But Im so sad for them-they sounded so scared...Im so pathetic huh? I am never nervous or sad when the baby chicks go outside-just these guys!
hit.gif
especially Muffin..

Quote:
I went to check and they were all settled down in their bedding-Muffin was not snuggled with the other two-:-( I think Ill put his teddy bear down there...LOL no seriously-he has a teddy bear since he was the only one in the tote box...I washed it last night to replace it but since he's down there with them I kept it up at the hosue..

Quote:
I know I know Im so bad with that! I can take lots of pictures but then get lazy as far as downloading as it takes so looong on this laptop! I promise they are coming!!!

Quote:
I know I know Im so bad with that! I can take lots of pictures but then get lazy as far as downloading as it takes so looong on this laptop! I promise they are coming!!!

Back
Top Bottom