Heartbroken little boy...chicken transport is a no-go. :(

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by shelleyb1969, Aug 4, 2010.

1. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Please moderators move this if it's in the wrong area.

I'm in need of someone to transport 2 young bantam Cochin hens from Eaton Rapids to Lansing on Wednesday, the 11th. My son is turning 5 years old on the 7th and these little ladies are a belated b'day gift for him...provided I can get this transport done. He lost his mostest favorite "Puff Puff" (a splash frizzle bantam Cochin hen) yesterday and is heartbroken. If anyone can help me ease my little boy's heartache, please pm me. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. shelleyb1969

If the 11th wouldn't work for someone, I might could get something set up for the following Wednesday...the 18th.

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Oh dang, I am a sucker for a little heartbroken boy! Just give me details, I will be there!

4. shelleyb1969

Quote:Vicki, you're such a sweetheart. [​IMG] You have no idea how much this will mean to Logan. Well, being a Mom yourself, you probably do know. [​IMG] It means a lot to me, too, and I thank you so very much. I'll pm you in a little while after I get the little man fed and to bed.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    This is exactly why I love and adore BYC so much you guys are so awesome!!!!

6. chickendude

chickendude Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    Dutchess County NY
    Isn't this place GREAT! vicki2x2
    I'm sure you will be blessed for helping out.

7. shelleyb1969

Vicki2x2 really is such a great person. And she passes on her blessings to everyone. This isn't the first time she's jumped in to help a needy BYC'er. We Michiganders are sure lucky to live in the same state with her! [​IMG]

8. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Ok you guys are making me blush! [​IMG] I am only returning favors that have been graciously given to me by others, like Chickflick and others! [​IMG] Plus, like I said, I am a sucker for little boys (and girls), especially when it involves tears and animals!!

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:only giving credit where credit is due! [​IMG] I could smoosh you guys right now your being so sweet! Shelley I hope your little boy feels better soon with his new babies!

10. shelleyb1969

Thanks for the kind words, sonew! I'm going to keep this a surprise from him until we're on the way to go pick up the little ladies. At least I'm going to TRY to not tell him...but if he continues to have his very sad moments in his days, I may have to tell him to stop the tears. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by