Heartbroken! My Lil'Bit is dead :(

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Oct 22, 2010.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    My sweet, half-blind hen Lil'Bit is dead. Something killed her in the woods out behind the coop.

I'm heartbroken. I know it's not right, but I've always said a silent prayer that when something came to kill my chickens, Lil'Bit would be spared.

I'll be lost tonight when I go out to lock the big birds up and Lil'Bit isn't waiting for me to put her on the roost, right next to my roo, in her usual place. She always said "thank you" when I sat her down there. Not being able to see well enough to get on a roost by herself, she learned real young to wait for me to do it.

R.I.P. Lil'Bit. You'll be sorely missed.

[​IMG]

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm so sorry!! Not her! Kat, I know how hard this is. Have lost way too many precious girls over the last few months. [​IMG]

3. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry!!! What a great loss for you!!! She was a pretty little hen!!

4. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    I'm sooo sorry! [​IMG] She was gorgeous! R.I.P [​IMG]

5. cluckcluck42

cluckcluck42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2009
    Quebec
    I'm so sorry. [​IMG] I still have not got over the loss of my favourite. It sucks.

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Oh, Kat, I'm so sorry to learn of Lil'Bit's death! I know she was not only your favorite, but oh-so-special in your heart.

7. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Oh, I am so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough losing any birds from your flock, and even harder to lose a favorite. She was such a gorgeous girl! [​IMG] I'm sure you gave her a very happy life, hopefully that will give you comfort in this hard time. Lots of hugs for you. [​IMG]

8. Quote:i know how you feel. i just lost Penny my EE less than 30 minutes ago to a dog

9. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

[​IMG]

I already knew Lil'Bit from reading your posts- oh how sad!!!! May she rest in peace.

She sure was loved.

[​IMG]

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:I'm sorry for your loss. [​IMG]
    I'm just really sad right now. It's life and I know that. At least I know that Lil'Bit had a good life, with many a treatfest and dustbath.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by