Heartfelt Thanks

Sekmet

Songster
7 Years
Dec 12, 2016
Hi, folks. I've lurked for a number of years, but felt the need to come out and post to thank everyone who does post. Due to my city not allowing poultry, I've spent this time reading and learning from you all. I'm now in the process of buying a house on a rural half acre. In my excitement, I purchased a few sets of hatching eggs and am thrilled to have chicks in the brooder, but my pride and joy are a trio of Sebastopol eggs that I received in the mail on President's Day.

I have never incubated goose eggs and knew they were more difficult than chickens, but I had to try since they're for my mother. She's house bound on hospice battling cancer. With our move, I'm looking for us to be able to sit on the porch and enjoy watching our flock. She has loved geese so I got the eggs and did my best. I have fussed over them. Waking up at 2 am to hand turn them seems to be paying off. I locked them down this evening and had an egg chirping in my hand. Thought I still had three days, but it seems my mom's future buddy is anxious to join the family because the gosling has been busily zipping that shell. I know I can't call it a success until it's out, but I'm still ridiculously happy and owe this little miracle to everyone on here.

Hopefully we'll have at least one of the other eggs hatch, but right now I don't think I could be any happier and wouldn't you know that this happened on International Happiness Day. 😁

Attachments

• IMG_20230320_203559181.jpg
    IMG_20230320_203559181.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 8

Back
Top Bottom