Heat Lamp question

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So today, I was doing a bit of thinking about the heat lamp bulbs.

I have one that I'd been using. But I haven't had to change the bulb before. I have a rough idea of its size but hadn't checked the socket size itself yet.

And one of the things I'd been thinking about was... what happens if it breaks, or more of the store chaos keeps going?

Is it possible to plug those heat lamp bulbs in any socket part? Is the heat lamp really the type of metal filaments in the bulb reacting to heat rather than the casing itself that generates the heat?

I thought some of you might have looked at this before. I'm aware that we have to be careful with the heat lamps. And they are fire hazards. But at some points it seems they are necessary. Tonight the ducklings are about 6 3/4 weeks old. Outside its 26 degrees outside.

I wonder if any of you have experimented with putting the heat lamp bulbs in other casings/socketing materials and how it went?

Thanks.

It would really all depend on the wattage of your bulb versus the wattage of the fixture. Fixtures are rated at different wattage for maximum bulb size it can safely use.

Putting a 100 watt bulb of any kind in a fixture rated for 40 watts is asking for a fire or a electric short, which could lead to a fire.

Putting a 40 watt bulb in a fixture rated for a 100 watt bulb, is almost fire proof, it’s still electrical and anything can happen.

Back
Top Bottom