Heat management thread.

i attached a box fan over a vent today so it pulls outside air in from outside. it seems to be working well so far. i have black shingles on the rood and i can feel the heat coming off of the roof. kinda wish i did not do the black shingles now but its a little late for that. my coop is on the north side of my house with shade so it does help

Weve been in the upper 90's here too. I actually put a kitty litter box inside the run and fill it twice a day with cool water about 3" deep.. Then I take small tuberware bowls and freeze them with water and toss in a frozen ball into the kitty tub. My girls LOVE it. They won't sit in it, but they stand in it like little flamingos. They also lay up next to the sides to get cool.. Since putting it in I have seen alot less panting..

They LOVE it when I drop the ice block in. They stand in it and peck the ice..lol Ill try to go snap a pic!!

Last edited:
I have a fan at each end of the run and use one of these misters (the purple snake-looking thing) ;

28681_chickens-mister2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you breeding to hatch? Maybe move the roo out for awhile while their feathers grow back.

I have wading pans that I keep cool water in.
IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom