Heat sink experiment

The only incubator I have ever used is a little giant still air incubator and I have had some pretty good hatches. The only time I had really bad hatch rates was on shipped eggs.

UPDATE:

Looks like the stones are working. Temp is steady at 99.2/99.4.....so I'm happy with that. Got 36 eggs and trying for my third batch of chicks. Got my finger crossed for 100%.

Kurt

Hi Kurt! That's great to hear! I thought of that when I was setting up a LG as a hatcher this morning --- but couldn't remember where my bags of half-marbles are.
Good luck with the hatch!
smile.png

Lisa

I have a homemade bator and have lots of heat sink in it, it trluy maintains a very steady temp. The biiggest heat sink is a full size cassarole dish with a lid filled with water underneath my eggs along with a bunch of gladware containers filled with water underneath the eggs. On top I have several glass jars filled with water. My bator runs with a 25 watt always on light and then A 100 watt hooked up to a water heater thermostat. There was ALOT of trial and error to get the temps figured out with it, but the heat sink does work VERY well!

Quote:
I've lost my marbles often with this hobby. Not to worry, things are generally better without them
wink.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom