heat source under eggs

goodb

Songster
7 Years
Aug 27, 2013
My little piece of heaven!
My Coop
My Coop
Having experienced a less-than-stellar performance in my last hatch, I am considering making some changes to my homemade incubator. It is a little styrofoam cooler that I used a 25-watt light bulb to heat. I was thinking that the heat source being above the eggs caused problems with temperature differentials. I was thinking, what if I put the light bulb under the eggs, in the center to take advantage of the rising heat? Since it would be in the middle, there would be less of a temperature variance and would make for more even heating throughout the cooler. Does anyone know; Has this been tried? Has it been successful? What are your thoughts on the question?

Thank you.

chickymama2014

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 13, 2014
kentucky
My incubator has an element that goes all the way around the top of it and it keeps the temp pretty even you may put a thermometer inside of it and see if it is 99 degrees that's what mine hatched at if not try a different watt bulb in it let me know what it does I may try it and another thing mine has a spot to keep water in it for the humitity to be right I forgot to mist mine before they hatched so mine had a hard time getting out of their shells good luck

Top Bottom