Heat stroke? White spots in throat??

My rooster I believe had a heat stroke a few months ago but I was able to save him by pumping him full of vitamins (or it was a vitamin deficiency. honestly idk.) But anyways it happened again but now its worse...he is awake and seems to be alert. His legs work fine but he cant walk. Vitamins arent working. This morning I went to give him straight water and I noticed white spots in his throat. After he drank, he made weird noises like maybe it hurt going down or something...Thoughts??? my gut tells me hes gonna pass and i dont know what I should do.

okay! I was finally able to soak him. I did not see anything and I have not done a deworm before (new at this)...I will say, he is seriously sucking down water but i have not seen him eat. Also, he smells...BAD. I cant get the smell out of my nose. Its been like this for 2 weeks now and im wondering if he needs put down

I did see a lump past the vent...can I assume thats his manhood?
Please post some photos of the rooster, his poop and the inside of his beak! Thanks.
How old is he?
Is his crop emptying overnight?
What do you feed?
You mention he smells bad - where is the odor coming from -his beak (are the lesions yellow?) or is the smell from his vent?

Lump past the vent is not manhood. You will not see a rooster's manhood unless you look inside the vent. Please get a photo of the lump.

If putting him down and out of his misery is even crossing your mind and you've typed it - then it certainly may be time to do so. Only you can decide that.

Back
Top Bottom