Heated water for geese in winter...your ideas?

Yes, those cords that are wired wrapped definitely are helpful, but extension cords don't come wired wrapped, but we do
try to use a 12 or 10 gauge good quality outdoor extension cords, Can you explain more about those cuphooks? Are they attached to poles?
We're going to tray a floating deicer in our large pool, hopefully that will keep the ice open some for the waterfowl, but we need to rig something up so the geese
don't pull it out of the pool by the cord.
I just screw the cup hooks into the side of the wood siding on our house doesn't look all that nice but we don't get much company anyway and if it keep the flock safer I really don't care what it looks like. . But after I screw in the cup hooks then I just run the extension cord along it to keep it up off the ground and out of reach. I also ordered those end protectors so the 2 ends that meet are water proof and chew proof.I have no idea how your going to keep the geese from pulling anything out of the pond if there's a will there's a way.. with geese. Mine toss their toys out of their pool.
roll.png

Last edited:
Buy a 9 gallon galvanized tank with handles and a submersible tank heater from Tractor Supply. Cut off the plugs from the tank heater and one end of the extension cord. Buy long springs from a hardware store like Home Depot and use them to cover the tank heater cord and the part of the extension cord reachable by the geese. Dusk tape the end of the springs on the extension cord from sliding further down it. Put new plugs on both the tank heater cord and the extension cord (after springs are installed). Wrap the connection of the two new plugs with multiple layers of Saran plastic wrap to keep out moisture from the weather. Wrap some duck tape around the Saran wrap to keep it from unraveling. They'll bite the cord but the springs covering them keep the cord from being damaged. I do this and it works.

Back
Top Bottom