Heated Waterers

Check amazon - they have a 1.5 gallon dish that works great. For $27- you can't beat the price. It only uses 25watts when needed.

big_smile.png

Thanks, Everyone! I decided to purchase a heated water bowl. We do have the capability to have electricity in the coop and it will be easy to move the bowl in and out of their coop so that they can have access to water at all times.

I just bought the same heated waterer sassykate! I can't wait to see how well it works! I have a small coop and I can't put a cinder block inside so I found a metal filing box at the thrift store that I sit mine on. It is not as high up as I'd like, they still kick in shavings but it works just fine as I have to clean it out and put fresh water in every two days anyways
roll.png

Quote:
I am fortunate to be able to hang mine from the ceiling. It took a little adjusting to get the height right, where they could drink but not mess it up. Haven't had to turn it on yet though, but so far I like it.

Is it a pain in the behind to fill? I'm thinking in the winter when my hose is frozen I'm going to have bring it inside to fill it in the deep sink. I may have my hubby hang it if it's not too heavy. I just have a little coop.

FYI. I just got my heated dog dish from Walmart online $18. It has a thermostat built in! No need for a thermocube!!!! Best deal going. I didnt even know it had one until it arrived and I read the label on it! It also has a protected cord and holds a gallon of water! So glad I ordered it!

Quote:
I found it much easier to bring a bucket of water in the coop to fill the waterer. The first time I filled it with the hose, I sloshed it all over myself walking back to the coop....
lau.gif

My coop is actually two old horse stalls (removed the center wall) in our barn, so it measures about 12x24x10, so I was able to hamg the feeder, waterer and heat lamp from the rafters.

Forgot to add ~ I stand the tank section without red base on the floor to fill it, then replace the base and flip it over quickly. (I don't use the fill hole)

Last edited:
Quote:
I use a dog water heater, we got it at Farm n' Fleet for like $10-$15...
big_smile.png
Up here in WI, it gets pretty cold too!

Back
Top Bottom