1. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Last year I remember seeing heating pads that can be attached to the walls of a coop. Does anyone remember who sells these? I want to get one for my Silkies...

2. MissClaraCluck

MissClaraCluck Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    I bought a small heating mat for the floor of my coop loft at www.shopthecoop.com

I noticed she has flat panel heaters for the wall and also ceramic heat bulbs that give off heat but not light.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Google flat panel heaters and SweeterHeater [​IMG] You can find them on Amazon and other places.

4. gavinandallison

gavinandallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2010
    Matthews, NC.
    Quote:Many thanks!! Where are you located????

5. MissClaraCluck

MissClaraCluck Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Hi there! I live in the Seattle area. The winters can get a bit harsh for three or four weeks so I am worried about keeping the coop warm. I have four cold hardy hens so they will probably be OK, but I want them to be comfortable not just survive! I bought a small heating mat (which they love) and a 100 watt ceramic bulb from Shopthecoop.com. I may buy a small flat panel heater for the ceiling instead of the ceramic bulb. The ceramic bulb works great though, I have already used it in the coop because we had a very cold Spring here and I needed to keep the coop warm as the chicks moved out of the house during that time. I wouldn't want a light on all the time at night if I were a chicken. So I thought a ceramic bulb would be nice to heat the coop but not bother the chickens. I'm just trying to get prepared for the winter, I may buy the small heated poultry waterer she has for sale too. Hope you find the right panel heater you are looking for!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by