Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go.............first time :)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by JimnJanet, May 3, 2008.

1. JimnJanet

JimnJanet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2008
    S.W Pa.
    Well actually, 2nd time hatchin bird eggs but it's our first time hatchin OUR bird eggs. Yep All 10 from our girls. I know, sit on my hands, no more pheasant repeats.

Jist put these 10 in the bator and am sittin here for the next ahhh...9 hours lol makin sure the temp and hum is right. [​IMG]
    I jist realized something. These eggs of ours are HUGE I don't think i've ever seen chicken eggs this big !!! [​IMG] I'm suprised we don't hear our girls SCREEEEEMIN ever time they lay lol
    MMmmm..why are they so HUGE anywho ? [​IMG]
    Ok so it's like how many hours from now till day 18 lemme cifer..18 X's 24 is like 432 hours..i can do that [​IMG] definately, yep i can definately do that [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    i know i know, my bator is like an antique 1582 not even made anymore but but i allways takes reeeeeal good care o' my stuff and hey, i got a 50% hatch with first time ever hatchin pheasant eggs.
    Is it day 18 yet [​IMG]
    431 hours and 50 minutes... i can do this... [​IMG]

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG] That's to funny.
    Yep, you can do it. The time will fly by before you know it. Or will it? Here's wishing you nothing but the best of luck with your hatch.
    Coincidentally, I am into day 8 of my first ever incubator hatch myself. I candled my nine eggs for the first time tonight. Got 7 of the 9 growing for sure. Can't be sure about the other two just yet. So as of today I am 13 days from hatch day. 13 x 24 = ? Oh, what the heck! Gotta go do something to pass the time. Good luck to ya'

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good luck! And by the way,,, if you only count your waking hours it goes by much quicker!

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    The hours sound like so much longer! I went with weeks. 3 weeks, 2 1/2, 2, 1 1/2, 1, now I count days, 5 (finally!)

Of course, come hatch day, I won't get any sleep at all, and will probably take 50 million photos of the same pip [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by