Helllllp! My baby is spitting up bubbles

PNWskye

Songster
5 Years
Jun 12, 2018
I have a 4 week old chick being treated for coccidiosis. I was feeling her abdomen and must’ve turned her too much. She’s aspirating and bubbles are coming out of her beak. I wiped them but she keeps almost having acid reflux, then swallows. How do I help her? Search of posts has found nothing.

Attachments

• 82FA13E3-EDD6-4E37-89F2-C36C14FD6014.jpeg
    82FA13E3-EDD6-4E37-89F2-C36C14FD6014.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 10
She’s still breathing shallow. My arm is asleep, holding her but it’s worth it. 😢

Her crop may be full in her upper right chest. Try not to push on it or she could vomit and aspirate. Try getting her to drink water from a lid or small cup. Dip her beak and let her drink and swallow.

Her crop may be full in her upper right chest. Try not to push on it or she could vomit and aspirate. Try getting her to drink water from a lid or small cup. Dip her beak and let her drink and swallow.
She’s not drinking on her own. I’m afraid to give her any more fluids. Will that help swallow anything she pushed up before?

This little one passed away surrounded by her brothers and sisters. I wish I was able to save her. 💔

Back
Top Bottom