Hello! <3

Jan 1, 2019
Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
Hello!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'll be receiving my first chicks at the end of February!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I've got 8 of them ordered.

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have 5 Easter Eggers , 1 Wellsummer, 1 Exchequer Leghorn, and 1 French Copper Marans ordered and on their way.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
So far, I'm not sure since I haven't received my flock yet. However, I'm really enjoying planning, and making things for them.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Making, Reading, Art, Knitting, Cooking, Baking, Gardening, Gaming (video & tabletop), exploring, History, Tea Parties, Steampunkery, Halloween prop making, Theatre, Comedy, Reading, and More.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a pretty amazing husband/partner in all things, a kiddo in college, a Ragdoll kitty named Stormageddon: Dark Lord of All, a chihuahua named Ignacio (Mr. Piggins), and a moggie orange tabby named Sir Pumpkin Spice Waffles (aka Goof Poof). I have recently moved so am not sure if I will be pursuing another job at this point, I formally was an Assistant Curator at a local museum, and a circulation librarian.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? I was looking for a place to meet other people who are mildly (or not so mildly) obsessed with chickens. Where I could learn about the best way to care for my flock, what to expect, and a community to share our adventures in. I'm excited to be here!

Back
Top Bottom