1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello again BYC - Been a few years

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychix, Nov 27, 2014.

1. luvmychix

luvmychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    This place sure has changed! We had to move so i had to get rid of all my animals for the last 3 years so haven't been on this site in a few years and just moved back to Louisiana back to our farm. We don't have any birds at the moment :( we have always had animals (15 years here) and it feels and sounds strange and weird to be here without any animals! but plan to get back into them again soon! I miss my chicks ducks turkeys guineas quail a and everything else! Spring needs to hurry up so I can start hatching!

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Welcome, glad you decided to get back into the forums.

3. luvmychix

Sep 8, 2008
    Yeah, me too and thanks :) Once I get me at least a duck things will be better!

4. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    I still a relatively newcomer, have 6 hens born march 2013. Joined BYC after finding so much great info to help me with raising them. Have only been active in forums for a few months and found a great group to belong to. Don't know much about ducks, but learning.

5. luvmychix

Sep 8, 2008
    Before I had to sell all mine I had 200+ ducks, a few hundred chicks, over 1000 quail, and tons of others like turkeys, pheasant, chukars, guinea and geese. Then had rabbits, pigs, goats, horses, and donkeys... now all I hear is the neighbor dog haha don't sound as good lol

6. sunflour

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Wow that's was a lot of birds. My 6 are spoiled pets. Are you planning such a large number of animals again?

7. luvmychix

Sep 8, 2008
    All mine were tame before and most were ones I raised. I will probably get a few hundred birds total but don't plan on getting back into the larger animals.. mainly thinking about chickens ducks and some quail

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    One great thing about BYC - no matter how far you wander, or how long you are gone Backyard chickens is still here for you. Plenty of room on the roost and a light on for you.

9. luvmychix

Sep 8, 2008
    very true. It is a great community.

10. elieugene6

elieugene6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    Western ny
    Welcome back!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by