Hello! (Again?)

anniegal

Songster
Oct 3, 2020
Central Wisconsin
I may have introduced myself already because I apparently joined BYC awhile back... :rolleyes:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Just ordered our first chicks - to be delivered late May. SOOO excited!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Zero!

(3) What breeds do you have?

We ordered 8 to start, two each: Buff Polish (the chicken that started this whole obsession), Red Star, Ameraucana, and Golden Wyandotte. Please don't tell me if there's something I'm going to regret about that combo - at this point I prefer my ignorant bliss!! :p

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

I'll have to let you know in a few months!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Gardening, reading, crochet, bugging my husband with me ideas for things he can build. (In no particular order.)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

We're (almost) empty nesters (of the human child variety at least - hmmm, possible connection?) and my DH just retired - so PERFECT TIME for a big chicken coop & keeping project, right?!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I think I found BYC several years ago when I was first toying with the idea of adding some mini-raptors to our lives - via Google, natch!
So happy to be here - what an amazing resource this community is. Hopefully I can eventually even make some contributions myself!

Back
Top Bottom