Hello all... First off, I am an addict...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jadeybaby70, Oct 24, 2010.

1. jadeybaby70

jadeybaby70 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 10, 2009
    Alameda
    So, I have been a member of BYC since the end of last year but haven't posted once since. BUT... I constantly check in and thanks to all the wonderful info that flies around here, I feel like I have put together the perfect flock (so far) for myself. My husband and I moved to the CA bay area at the start of the year from Colorado. I always wanted to get chickens in CO but never did because I was so afraid of what might happen to them because of the coyotes and hawks that were all around our property. So we moved to a very urban place with a very small yard (in comparison) and I think, "OK, not as many predators here... right?" WRONG! WRONG! WRONG! Raccoons frequent my back yard and we have a Peregrin falcon who harasses my flock constantly and has no fear of people! The thing swooped down into my yard while I was in it. I had to send the dogs out to deter him/her! Anyway, the whole experience has taught me that... I should have done this sooner [​IMG]. I love my girls and getting fresh eggs is very exciting for me [​IMG] ...that sounds lame... but it's true. So thanks everyone for all of the free helpful advice and if I need more I know where to find it.[​IMG]

2. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So glad you are here and posting.

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Welcome from an imp in Washington

That was a great intro, glad you are here

Imp

5. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
    Welcome to our site! If you get bored, you can ask Imp how he got his moniker "Pretty in Pink"...[​IMG]

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG]

I was a Navy brat, stepdad was stationed in Alameda. My youngest sister lives there now.

Yeah racoons are crazy there.

OH....just realized.............moved to Alameda by way of Littleton. [​IMG]

What a co inky dink!

7. animalloverabh

animalloverabh Allons-y, Alonso

[​IMG]

8. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Welcome to the party.

9. LALASD4

LALASD4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Welcome, we have all that here in San Diego plus coyotes.[​IMG]

10. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    Welcome....you have now taken the first step by admitting to addiction.....from here it only gets worse!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by