Hello all, I'm new to the 'hobby'

mamarye

Hatching
11 Years
Nov 21, 2008
Metro Portland area
Hello all. I found this site when surfing for info on raising and caring for chickens. What a great site! I haven't ever had chickens (or any type of bird really), but lots of different types of animals.
I live inside city limits, but after looking into city ordinance it looks as if limited number of hens are ok.
I live on a small neighborhood lot, less than .10 acre. Right now I'm looking into info on properly taking care of chickens and building a size appropriate hen house with run for my lot. I was thinking of 3 to 4 hens. I'd really like to get them as young as possible so they bond to me and my kids (I have 4 - 3 at home).
Well, thanks for reading. I'm sure I'll be reading your informative posts.
big_smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
You'll find more than enough help and lots of great information here! Make sure to spend some time looking at the coop designs. There are many urban chicken owners who belong to BYC.

Welcome.

You will soon be hooked. lol..

I have 4 chickens on my garden, and they are fantastic.

Good luck to you

Jena

Hobby!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Hobby! She called it a hobby!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

POor thing hasn't found out what an Addiction it is!! Oh She doesn't know what she's in for!!
gig.gif

What? She can hear this?
ep.gif

Ooops. Never mind dear. Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Welcome to BYC!

I think chickens are the perfect pets for a small lot. You'll love having them around. They're so quirky and funny. And they give you delicious eggs for breakfast. YUM!

Back
Top Bottom