Hello All... Not new to chickens, but new to the forum!

BigDean

Chirping
9 Years
Feb 28, 2010
Collinsville, Oklahoma
Hello All...

My wife and I are getting back into the raising some hen's for eggs after a two year hiatus due to our entire previous flock being killed and eaten by the neighbor's pitt bulls. The hen's were in for the night, when the dogs tore the tin covering the side of the coop was ripped open by the dogs. They ruined part of our yard fence to even get to the coop!

When it happened it was hard on my wife and daughter, whom were very attached to our hens.

The last group were Plymouth Rock's... the new group of new chick's are Rhode Island Red's!

We are looking forward to getting back at it again!

BigDean.

frow.gif
from Texas!
So sorry about the loss of your previous flock, but congratulations on your new one!
Good luck and enjoy all the wonderful folks here on BYC.

frow.gif
and
welcome-byc.gif
from Ohio. So glad you joined. I think you will like it here. Glad to here you are giving it another try. Many of us have suffered losses just as you. Good luck with your new ones.
ya.gif

Oh sorry you had to go through that! Irresponsible dog owners make me angry! Glad you started back up. The RIRs are excellent layers! Good choice!

Welcome! I've just recently discovered this website and I just love it.

Sincerely,
Sharon

Hey there BigDean!
welcome-byc.gif
from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us!
yippiechickie.gif
I hope you won't have those dogs bothering your girls again.
somad.gif
I can imagine just how mad your daughter and wife must have been.
hugs.gif
Best of luck!
fl.gif

Those particular Pitt Bulls will not be bothering the new hen's. They attempted to attack me in my own yard two days after they cleaned out my hens and they were not nearly as successful. I hated to have to deal with it that way, but in the County where I live there is no animal control and the Sheriff's Office here said and I quote, "take care of your own dog problems!"

I love dogs, but if you are going to own dogs or any animals for that matter, you need to be a responsible animal owner!!!

Back
Top Bottom