Hello All

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mike harrington, Jun 4, 2017.

1. mike harrington

mike harrington Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2017
    Southern MD
    Just joined a few minutes ago after searching through the site for months for advice.
    Just got our first flock just about 2 months ago 3 black Australorps, 3 reds, 1 khaki campbell, and 1 blue swedish. Now that they've gotten bigger I have a feeling that 2 of the Austs are Roos. The ducks and the chickens are kept in the same fun but are housed separate.

Pictures of the Coop and Run will come later once I get home to take some. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Top Rooster

Top Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2015
    North East Oklahoma
    A flock may be in a bit of stress from two roosters plus they roosters will fight for dominance. Glad you joined BYC.

mike harrington likes this.
  3. mike harrington

Jun 4, 2017
    Southern MD
    Thanks they are still young. around 2 months. I will post pictures later of the ones in question once I get time.

4. mike harrington

Jun 4, 2017
    Southern MD
    Here are the Photos I have of my flock with early pictures of the coop and run. The ducks I have in a large dog crate over night with a tarp on top to keep water from getting in while its raining.

Attached Files:

5. Top Rooster

Aug 16, 2015
    North East Oklahoma
    It looks cold. I have a question I have never had ducks, what is the purpose in getting ducks

6. mike harrington

Jun 4, 2017
    Southern MD
    It was cold at the time because it was early march before I got them all. Ducks eggs from what I've read are larger than chicken eggs and are better to bake with, plus the most main reason I got ducks is because the wife and the kids wanted them

7. Top Rooster

Aug 16, 2015
    North East Oklahoma
    oh that's funny I've just heard they back wash in the water a lot so it makes it dirty.

8. mike harrington

Jun 4, 2017
    Southern MD
    oh yeah they make a mess out of everything I put in a pool for them, not in any picture yet but the water container i have doesnt allow them to get in and make that big of a mess

SiriusChicken likes this.
  9. vachick15

vachick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2015
    The Old Dominion
    :welcome

10. SiriusChicken

SiriusChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2017
    Smith River, CA
    Hi! Welcome! I look forward to your pictures. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by