Hello all

Justonemorechicken

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2017
It all started when my daughter talked us into getting 4 chicks at the local feed store. At first I didn't pay much attention to them and my daughter did all the feeding watering and cleaning up. When they were old enough we let them out to free range. I was working on a project one day when the little bantam hen, Petunia, wandered up to me looked up and flew onto my outstretched arm. That was it I was hooked. Everytime I called out for Penelope she would come and fly up onto my arm. Today we have one bratty little Pekin bantam roo and a red sex link, two barred rock, 2 Rhode island red, 2 Welsummer, 3 chicks that are from the roof and a buff Brahma hen. We have built them quite a nice large enclosed pen safe from the coyote and hawks(learned the hard way) also they get to free range whenever we are home.

Blue Welcome.png
Welcome Cool.gif

Great Intro!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us all here! It sure does sound like those chickens stole your heart! They have a way of doing that. I too started similar to you as in the chickens were not mine but over time they grew on me and it became like an addiction :)

Good luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom