Hello All,

Gferna19

Songster
Mar 26, 2018
Hello,

My name is Gloria and we recently decided we wanted to raise some chickens in our house. At this moment we do not own chicks yet but we are looking into getting some of eggs and an incubators for my daughter to experiment the miracle of birth. lol I have lots of questions but the main one is about chicken coops. Is it better to purchase one or hire someone to build one and which one is cheaper? Any help is welcome. Thank you

hi.gif
eggs saying hi.gif
welcome.gif

:welcome

Building your own coop (or hiring someone to do it) will pay off in the long run...the manufactured coops are not made to last and the manufacturers seem to always over-estimate the number of chickens that will do best in them.

Best of luck to you, thanks for joining us!

We had ours built... make sure you find a good builder. The coop size is fine for our 9 hens but he didn't build the roosting part inside so I had to build those. We also wanted the lift latch nest boxes and he didn't build those either. Our run is too short too. This summer we are extending it another 16 feet but we allow ours to free roam in the yard during the day
20170909_074052.jpg
20180315_131918.jpg

Attachments

• 20170909_074052.jpg
    20170909_074052.jpg
    689.5 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom