Hello All

LizzieRick

In the Brooder
Oct 27, 2018
Orting, Washington
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Kind of new, Have had them before only 3 and they just took over my home from the neighbor and she let them stay LOL
I now have a share of chickens with my adult daughter who moved home and she had 15 of her own but knew nothing. So I did my reading and I am learning I not have my own chicks and have 13 of my own.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
about 25

(3) What breeds do you have?
MANY .. Mine are 3 Road Island Reds, 4 Dominique, 2 Buff Orpingtons 1 Silkie, 1 Cochin and a mix of something (I bought from Tractor Supply) and 1 HANDSOME AMAZING Rooster
IMG_E7835.JPG

Daughter has MANY mixed breeds some Bantams

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? Food and they are wonderful to watch. My 8 year old is enjoying the fresh eggs every day

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I love my Aussie dog and the training him and I do together, I love my goats they are my best buds (Nigerian Dwarfs)

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I am married to my best friend of 20 years and we have 9 kids between us and 11 grandkids and 1 great granddaughter that we adore. I am a stay home wife/mom and enjoy being able to do that. We have two dogs 3 year old German Shepard and 6 month old Mini Aussie.. Daughter has a 8 yr old Husky here on farm now also.
We have two barn cats that dont hunt haha but we love them.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Just found you when I was researching lighting and foods, and what is the best to check eggs as my Rooster has been making his rounds ALL DAY LONG for 3 weeks

Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: It is great to hear that your 8 year old is enjoying the chickens! Everyone on BYC is! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Back
Top Bottom