Hello all!

Harperchicken

In the Brooder
Jun 3, 2020
I'm new to chickens. I've had my girls since they were a few days old and they are 6 weeks old now. Crazy how fast they grow!

I have 9 girls (or so I think they're all girls) I had ten but one died the second day after we got them (RIP Pheonix).

They are all barred rock but two of them actually look quit different than the other 7. (Their feathers are more white than black in their chest) I don't know if that's normal or not. Looks cool.

My favorite thing thus far about being a chicken mom is just watching them grow and seeing them in all their craziness. Yes, I believe these girls are a little crazy. But maybe that's all chickens.

When I'm not being a chicken mom, I'm writing. One of my girls will nap in my lap while I write.

I have an 11 year old shepherd mix that has decided chickens are terrifying.

Google brought me here. Been doing alot of googling to learn how to properly care for my chicken butts.

Welcome to BYC! Little chicks are so fun and they grow so fast. Have you got a coop and run built yet, running out of time if not! So many resources here to help you with all your poultry needs. Lots of chicken-smart people to help you answer any questions. Enjoy your newest funnest hobby.

We plan on building them and 8x8 coop but we had to put it off until we can find a new house.
Hello, and welcome to BYC. The lighter colored chicks may be cockerels.

Is there a way to really tell before they're older? Here's the one my daughter has named Kiara. She has a twin that looks almost identical minus the markings on their beaks. Not sure what to do with two males if that's the case.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-03-19-42-23.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-03-19-42-23.png
    845.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2020-06-03-19-42-17.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-03-19-42-17.png
    969.7 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom