Hello all!

Crzy Chix Lady

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 10, 2012
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I am new to chickens, we got our first 5 girls in April of this year and have added at least 40 more to our crew.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? I have about 39 chickens, 5 ducks, 1 goose and 2 guinies

(3) What breeds do you have? I have a bunch of mixed reds, 3 buff orpingtons, 10 barred rocks, 2 silkies, 3 cochins, 1 austrolorp, 1 americana.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Searching the web with questions about my girls brought me to the website!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? My kids activities, sports, school. I love taking care of crazy funny farm, we have also recently added a miniature horse, 2 pygmy goats and 2 mini rex rabbits besides having 2 dogs and a bunch of cats/kittens!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

My husband and I have 4 children, a son 16 and 3 girls 14, 12, 7. My husband is a city kid but is warming up and really starting to enjoy country living. My son loves being outdoors but doesn't really care too much to hang with the animals. My girls all love the country and all the animals, if daddy and money would let us we would definetly have a lot more "pets"! I lived in the country on the acerage my husband and I now own. I grew up with animals, a small crew of furry critters and some chickens. So my desire to have the opportunity with my kids was overwhelming as I have very fond memories of Dad and Moms "pets".

Right now I am the Athletic Director at my childrens private school, so I spend a lot of time at their school which is great because I get to see them throughout the day! My husband is a police officer and we own rental property as well which keeps him quite busy.

We love our furry friends and have 2 sweet dogs, Maddie our lab mix who we rescued 6 years ago is a lover and cuddler and is most at home on your lap! Piper our little dauschaund/beagle mix is 1 1/2 and full of energy which we love. She also is a lover and cuddler and loves all the attractions we have outside! We have 10 cats/kittens right now because mamma just had 6 4 weeks ago. They will hopefully all find new forever homes as we can't keep them all because none of them will stay in the barn and seem to think they all need to be in the house; we just love them so much!!

This summer my girls showed some of the chicken at the county fair and did quite well. We all learned a lot and look forward to showing more next year. We have recently lost some of our feathered friends which is sad for us all. 2 of which were my daughters little japanese bantam pair who recieved reserved grand champion in the bantam pair category. We are hoping to pick up another pair for her to raise and show. My youngest is the best with all the animals and has no fears being in the barn with them and helping with chores, I can't wait until she can show at the fair. She'll probably have us talked into a bottle calf by spring!

That's just a little about our crazy petting zoo our friends call it, I look forward to keeping up with lively conversations about raising chickens!

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png

Welcome to BYC, and .... sure sounds like you've got a *busy* life in the country. Consider doin' what my parents did: Make all draw slips from the Chore Jar.

Back
Top Bottom