Hello all!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BrentW, Dec 8, 2013.

1. BrentW

BrentW New Egg

Dec 8, 2013
    Hello everyone, my name is Brent and I'm located in Sturbridge, MA. I am a father to four, and a husband to one. :) I am a chef by profession and I also breed and show Cocker Spaniels. I have just set up my first coop and run and am looking for 4-6 Orpingtons hens of any color. If anyone here can point me in the direction of someone in the New England area that might be able to help me, that would be wonderful! Thanks, and look forward to getting to know you all!

2. BrickWall Honey

BrickWall Honey Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2013
    Accomac, Va.
    Can't help on the Orps, but welcome in

1 person likes this.
  3. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Shalom Farm

Shalom Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2013
    Florida
    Welcome to BYC!

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] Hi Brent, I used to breed and show Cockers in the 60's and 70's. Wish you would post some pictures - Haven't been to a show in ages - just watch Crufts and Westminster on TV and bellyache about judges who won't put up the most deserving dog when it happens to be a Cocker. I had black & ascobs. What do you breed?

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    PS you mentioned Sturbridge. One of my foundation girls was Ch.Lanebrook's Bittersweet - bred by Barb Durham who's daughter Kate,worked at Sturbridge Village. Bittersweet was shown to her championship by Ruth Benhoff , I believe from Canton,Mass. A lot of great dogs came from that area.

8. BrentW

BrentW New Egg

Dec 8, 2013

WOW, What a small world! I'm currently breeding blacks and browns and have 2 partis as pets. I've only been showing for about 4 years now, but I love it! While I have never met Ruth or Barb, I certainly have heard of them! I do know a cocker person named Kate who once worked at OSV but she has got to be in her 80's or maybe even 90's. I'm not sure if she is who you speak of?

9. ducklingsweety

ducklingsweety Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2013
    parkland washington
    [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Brent, welcome to BYC. Lots of 'bird' and dog fanciers here. I breed and compete with field trial beagles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by