Hello all!

BrentW

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 8, 2013
Hello everyone, my name is Brent and I'm located in Sturbridge, MA. I am a father to four, and a husband to one. :) I am a chef by profession and I also breed and show Cocker Spaniels. I have just set up my first coop and run and am looking for 4-6 Orpingtons hens of any color. If anyone here can point me in the direction of someone in the New England area that might be able to help me, that would be wonderful! Thanks, and look forward to getting to know you all!

welcome-byc.gif
Hi Brent, I used to breed and show Cockers in the 60's and 70's. Wish you would post some pictures - Haven't been to a show in ages - just watch Crufts and Westminster on TV and bellyache about judges who won't put up the most deserving dog when it happens to be a Cocker. I had black & ascobs. What do you breed?

PS you mentioned Sturbridge. One of my foundation girls was Ch.Lanebrook's Bittersweet - bred by Barb Durham who's daughter Kate,worked at Sturbridge Village. Bittersweet was shown to her championship by Ruth Benhoff , I believe from Canton,Mass. A lot of great dogs came from that area.

PS  you mentioned Sturbridge.   One of my foundation girls was Ch.Lanebrook's Bittersweet  - bred by Barb Durham who's daughter  Kate,worked at Sturbridge Village. Bittersweet was shown to her championship  by Ruth Benhoff , I believe from Canton,Mass.    A lot of great dogs came from that area.

WOW, What a small world! I'm currently breeding blacks and browns and have 2 partis as pets. I've only been showing for about 4 years now, but I love it! While I have never met Ruth or Barb, I certainly have heard of them! I do know a cocker person named Kate who once worked at OSV but she has got to be in her 80's or maybe even 90's. I'm not sure if she is who you speak of?

Hi, Brent, welcome to BYC. Lots of 'bird' and dog fanciers here. I breed and compete with field trial beagles.

Back
Top Bottom