Hello and can you help?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Madhouse Mumma, May 8, 2011.

1. Madhouse Mumma

Madhouse Mumma New Egg

May 8, 2011
    Hi There- I'm a first time turkey owner (we've 3 girls)- I also have bantams and layer chooks, 2 pet sheep, 2 donkeys, 4 dogs, 3 cats, 1 peacock, 5 kids and a husband... [​IMG]
    This looks like a great place to get heaps of information!!

I was wondering if someone could help- one of my turkey's has started to walk funny- she seems a little lethargic and kind of drags her feet. She is eating and drinking fine. Any ideas what this may be? We are in the middle of a mouse plague- so I wondered if maybe fleas could make her feel down? The other 2 girls seem fine. (I'll take this to the sick chick section!!! Sorry!)

THANK YOU for any help you can offer- and I look forward to chatting more!

(CHOOKS are Australian for Chickens!!)

Last edited: May 8, 2011
  2. Madhouse Mumma

Madhouse Mumma New Egg

May 8, 2011
    I forgot to say- I'm from rural South Australia and I have not ever been on one of these forums before!! I'm finding out heaps of good information! THANKS

3. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota.

4. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Welcome! [​IMG]

I recommend reading/posting in the turkey forum or the emergency/cure forum.

Good luck.

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG] Sorry, don't have any turkey experience.

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Welcome! If you'll post your question on the "emergencies & diseases" topic thread, or on the "turkeys" thread, you'll probably get more information. I hope you find the answers you seek. Glad to meet you; sorry about your turkey not doing as well as she might. Hope to hear better news from you soon. [​IMG]

8. Madhouse Mumma

Madhouse Mumma New Egg

May 8, 2011
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I realised after a good read of all posts that I should have asked my question else where- so- THANKS for saying hi! I look forwards to hearing lots of info about these wonderful creatures! I LOVE my frilly pants funny girls!! Chickens are amazing!!

9. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us. Good luck with your birds. Hope your turkey gets better. Chickens are quite entertaining. Welcome.

10. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine hope your turkey gets better

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by