Hello and Thanks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by terrilynne79, Mar 4, 2017.

1. terrilynne79

terrilynne79 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2015
    Maryland
    I have found a wealth of information from reading everyone's posts. I joined 2 years ago but have finally decided our youngest child was old enough to not torture chicks. She's only been begging for them for 3 years- now she's 7 and helped hand select the 18 chicks we brought home this week!

I have an amazing husband who enables every crazy venture I spring on him, We have 5 kids (2 younger are home-schooled), a mini farm in a very urban area (until we finish building our house in the country) and now chickens too :) a mixed flock of Rhode Island Reds, Barred Rocks and Cornish X.

So hi everyone and thanks! I could not have stumbled upon a better online community to learn from and we're excited to watch our newest additions grow!

Terri

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Terri, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I thinks it's great that you are involving the kids with chickens - lots of great lessons to be learned! Make sure you say hello to some of your in-state poultry neighbors in the MD thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Terri. Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Terri and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. This link may be interesting to you - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/raising-your-baby-chicks. I'm not sure if you are aware, but Cornish X are meat birds and are generally only kept for a couple of months before slaughter so don't get too attached to them.

Best wishes
    CT

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Terri, it's nice to have you join us!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Terri [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by