Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Quote:
Yeah.... But guess what? somebody will buy them....
sad.png

Okay,I have one for you genetic gurus...Carl,sit this one out,lol....Considering the barred gene.... Taking a Golden Barred rooster and putting him over barred hens and buff hens... What is the outcome?...

Quote:
OOh comon I wanna play too, I'll just take my toys and go home. LOL

Well,you're more familiar with these birds...lol...But you can play too.I've just been reading different posts in various places about the barred gene and what people say it "Most definately does"...lol... Just curious about this one.

Last edited:
Quote:
With Barred Hen: You can get 2 different colors in pullets Black, and Barred,
Cockrells Barred.
Select a barred Pullet from teh F1 mating and the same male used before, you get 6% Buff Barred females and 25% Buff Barred males
Select a Buff Barred Pullet and use under the original cock bird you get 75% buff Barred pullets
Select a pullet from that mating and put under tha original male you have a true breeding variety.

With Buff Hen: You Get 2 pullets: Buff Barred and Buff and Cockrells in Buff barred and Buff
Selecting a Buff Barred Pullet from that mating with the original cock bird gives you all colors of mostly barred offspring including red barred, Dun Barred, Buff Columbian, Cream / Dun, cream Barred. this is a mess stock with the barred hen.

Quote:
what's the Golden Barred roo genetics? Crele?

let me take a guess ok

so we have a homozygous for sex linked barring (Br/Br) Heterozygous for sex lined Gold s+/S golden boy... lets say he is based on wildtype e+

lets say the barred hen is based on dominant extended black

this mating will yiedl ALL Barred F1 Of(ala Barred Rock)

Buff hens are Hemizygous for sex linked gold and ewh.. eWheaten is dominant over wildtype e+

50% of boys will be Gold Buffish looking Barred
50% of boys will be Golden Buffish looking Barred

50% of hens will be Gold Buffish looking Barred
50% of hens will be Barred Columbian looking(ala Delaware)

I just guessed there.... pherhaps you have the boys genotype correct and let me know...

Back
Top Bottom