Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

OEGB are a great breed and a lot of fun. Very competitive if you decide to show, but as you noted, everyone starts somewhere and good stock is pretty easy to find if you decide you want to upgrade. Just be patient, I found a lot of the OEGB people are a bit prickly and stand offish at first but they warm up pretty quick and are generally pretty good folks. (Especially to learn about conditioning birds for show and such because they have so much competition)

That's great, I'm going to continue reding and learning, these ill guys are great my kids really like them. I'll look around for a good trio to show.

Two best books are the APA Standard of Perfection, an old used one will do just fine. And a book by Fred Jeffery called Old English Game Bantams as Bred in the United States (pretty sure that's correct title, search Fred Jeffery Old English Game)

If you need help locating stock let me know, I have quite a few OEGB contacts still, especially in the NW.

Edit: they are wonderful for kids, make great showmanship birds for 4-H

Last edited:
1st one girl. 2nd one golden sebright. I don't know on the gender. Could you post q picture of the face?

Here is that sebright.... she is very sweet and has little spots of white in her coloring :)

Any idea on the breed of this little peanut. It is a bantam.... completely white...

Wondering the sex on this sebright too...

Thanks!!!

Back
Top Bottom