Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Do you think the color lemon in the neck feathers will appear later?

Yes. The chick is too young to tell right now. When neck feathers start coming in you should see some (not every bird is perfectly colored so the amount might vary), and they don't show their adult color before they get their first adult feathers, don't give up too early, made that mistake a few times when breeding Birchen (same pattern just different colors) back in the day.

Thanks BGMatt! I'm reassured, sometimes I want to go too fast :) Do you think it's a pullet or a roo?

can someone tell me the color of my cockrel and what should I look for in selecting a hen for him in the future?
almost 5mo in the pic...

Hello all!
Recently adopted some rescued bantams, 3 hens and a rooster/cockerel... After posting in the bantam thread, serama and d'uccle threads, got feedback these might be porcelain or self blue OEGB's? I need to take a better pic, when I can get 'em to hold still. But for now:

I think they are fabulous, and sweet, and if I can positively ID them, would like to start a small breeding program... 'cause they are fabulous, and sweet.
-Aleta G.

Hello all!
Recently adopted some rescued bantams, 3 hens and a rooster/cockerel... After posting in the bantam thread, serama and d'uccle threads, got feedback these might be porcelain or self blue OEGB's? I need to take a better pic, when I can get 'em to hold still. But for now:

I think they are fabulous, and sweet, and if I can positively ID them, would like to start a small breeding program... 'cause they are fabulous, and sweet.
-Aleta G.
Not Self Blue due to males hackle. Can't see enough of the hens to say much. Porcelain would make sense from what I can see of the male (and the presence of the lab gene in porcelain would account for the stringy sickle feathers), but would need to see better images to say for sure.

Man, they really do NOT like to hold still for the camera. Not sure if you can see the gold tint to his neck feathers (hackle?). Also, at the bottom edge of that you can see reddish skin. Not sure why there are no feathers on his shoulders? Thanks for taking a look. I also tried to get a better pic of my hens. They were uncooperative as well. It'll be easier when they have a better coop where we can let them run loose instead of in under the kids trampoline :)

Aren't they just cute? :)
-Aleta G.

Man, they really do NOT like to hold still for the camera. Not sure if you can see the gold tint to his neck feathers (hackle?). Also, at the bottom edge of that you can see reddish skin. Not sure why there are no feathers on his shoulders? Thanks for taking a look. I also tried to get a better pic of my hens. They were uncooperative as well. It'll be easier when they have a better coop where we can let them run loose instead of in under the kids trampoline :) Aren't they just cute? :) -Aleta G.
hey put me on a list for some of them girls eggs! lol

Back
Top Bottom