Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

I ship nearly everywhere, just cut an apple or orange in half and place in the box with the birds for the food and moisture content they do very well. I have never had a problem with them that way.
Oooh. good info. I 've heard people using the gro-gel stuff, but that seems more practical. I know that USPS technically says "no food or water" but I think the intent is to not make a mess, and an apple/orange sure wouldn't.

I checked your profile, and maybe you've posted it before, but do you have a site, or do all your BYC business via PM?

Oooh. good info. I 've heard people using the gro-gel stuff, but that seems more practical. I know that USPS technically says "no food or water" but I think the intent is to not make a mess, and an apple/orange sure wouldn't.

I checked your profile, and maybe you've posted it before, but do you have a site, or do all your BYC business via PM?
We took our website down I have a hard time telling people no, so we took the site down to reduce requests for birds. I get on BYC too infrequent to count on PM or other forms but my E-mail is [email protected]

They look like OEGBs to me. Leghorns should have prominent white earlobes.

That said, there are single comb and rose comb Silver Leghorns as well as a host of other colors recognized by the APA - single comb Barred, single and rose comb Black, single comb Black-tailed Red, single and rose comb Buff, single comb Colombian, single and rose comb Dark Brown, single comb Golden, single and rose comb Light Brown, single comb Red, and single and rose comb White . There are other colors that are not recognized yet like Exchequer, Lavender, and Mille Fleur.

Leghorns only come in white, brown, exchequer. I do believe. Those are OEGB.
Leghorns come in all sorts of colors including Silver (Full list: Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red, White, Buff, Columbian, Barred, Black Tailed Red, Silver, Golden, think that's all according to APA), but these birds in question are OEGB. They have Old English type and white legs. Leghorns have leghorn type and yellow legs.

Last edited:
those are silver duckwings, red ear lobs and white legs are the tell tail. leghorns have yellow legs, larger combs (typically) and white earlobes. they are usually bigger (in the bantam sizes) than OE too. i can say that my leghorn bantams have a longer body type too, with more prominent hackle and saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom