Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Leghorns come in all sorts of colors including Silver (Full list: Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red, White, Buff, Columbian, Barred, Black Tailed Red, Silver, Golden, think that's all according to APA), but these birds in question are OEGB.  They have Old English type and white legs.  Leghorns have leghorn type and yellow legs.

Haha. Those were the only ones that I could remember LOL!

Hi guys. Has anyone mixed their oegb's with others, like chocolate bantam orpingtons? Was curious if they'd get along. Aslo, would they mate with one ahother? I wouldn't think so but you never know. Thanks in advance :)

Hi guys. Has anyone mixed their oegb's with others, like chocolate bantam orpingtons? Was curious if they'd get along. Aslo, would they mate with one ahother? I wouldn't think so but you never know. Thanks in advance :)

Any chicken will mate with another chicken, but why anyone would want to intentionally make mutts I have no idea.

Hi guys. Has anyone mixed their oegb's with others, like chocolate bantam orpingtons? Was curious if they'd get along. Aslo, would they mate with one ahother? I wouldn't think so but you never know. Thanks in advance
smile.png
They will run together no issues, the dominant rooster will mate with all the hens, the other rooster(s) will sneak in what and where they can. The Bantam OE may well become the dominant rooster. I have had small cockerels mate full size hens more than once. and even be the dominant rooster on the yard when others were much larger. Run them together no problem, hatch them and expect them to be pure for anything never.

Back
Top Bottom