Hello! and welcome to the OEGB thread.

Not an Old English, no varieties of OEGB have yellow legs. I'd guess its an American Game bantam, not familiar with their varieties though.
I almost said Red Pyle except for the legs. I don't know if hen line parents would cause that ??? Anyone
I have a male line f2s &3s from a BBR Roo and a White legorn Hen (Bantams)

Last edited:
what does that mean and why did you say sorry?
He is an OEGB and Crele is his variety (color). Sorry, was because I forgot to post his variety name. I raise this variety for show and I really like this bird.
Thanks everyone for the comments. He is turning out to be a nice bird.

The BBR roo. I used is Male line and the white legger Hen is male line The f-2s are the chicks from these(male line). My bag No f-3s from these I was just thinking of my next breeding of these chicks. One of the f-2 Pyles Roo won 2nd at our county fair. Yea

You need a pure bred white Bantam hen and she fit the bill at the time. and so far we have gotten a 2nd place winner out of this.

You need a pure bred white Bantam hen and she fit the bill at the time. and so far we have gotten a 2nd place winner out of this.

What you have are OEGB/Leghorn Bantam crosses, AKA Mutts.

Leghorn type is very different than OEGB type, then there's the white lobe issue. What you are doing is not a path to quality Red Pyle OEGBs. Why not just buy some Red Pyles, it would be simpler.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
What you have are OEGB/Leghorn Bantam crosses, AKA Mutts.

Leghorn type is very different than OEGB type, then there's the white lobe issue. What you are doing is not a path to quality Red Pyle OEGBs. Why not just buy some Red Pyles, it would be simpler.

edited by staff

X2. If you are absolutely insistent on your white to Red Pyle crossings, then maybe you could try it with White OEGBs. At least then the offspring would still be OEGBs instead of mixed breed chicks. But it probably would be easier to just go with good Red Pyles from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom